2013 Pagoda Hillclimb

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Rich Rock
Racer

2013 Pagoda Hillclimb

Post by Rich Rock »

Registration is now open. You can download a registration form from the PHA website or the BMR website. Online registration at MyAutoevents.com will open Aril 29. Limit of 100 entries. Remember, if you mail in your entry form, paying by check, BMR does not cash your check until after the event.
Rich Rock
Racer

Re: 2013 Pagoda Hillclimb

Post by Rich Rock »

Limit of 100 entries has been reached, and a waiting list has been started. Contact the registrar (Brook Green) to get on that list. There are usually at least a few cancellations at every event, so if you are one of the first few on the list, I think your chances are good.
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

We will be allowed to pit at the Recycling Center for Pagoda, BUT, they can't let us in until Thursday noontime, and ONLY in the lower lot.

The upper lot will be available beginning Friday morning 7am. These two lots offer a fair amount of space providing they are used efficiently. Please try to do that, and don't forget to say thanks to all the City workers for going out of their way to accomodate us.

For those who like to pit on the road below the Start Line, that will not be available for pit space on Sunday, and likely won't be available on Saturday either. You should plan to pit somewhere else for the weekend, sorry.
Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

Post by Sue Salsburg »

Thanks for the heads up on below the start line. Not happy, but better to know ahead of time. We do that so we can swap a single helmet - guess I have to buy a second helmet in a hurry. BTW, should I have the PHA mugs to sell at registration? Sue
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

You should call Sekellas at Susquehanna Motorsports. I know they have some leftover 2005-dated helmets they are selling CHEAP!, like for under $100. Of course they also have the 2010 helmets available. They will be able to deliver to Pagoda.

Sure, bring the mugs. Just need someone to handle the selling...
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

We'll be doing some cooking Friday evening during registration. Free burgers and dogs. Saturday for the party we'll be cooking burgers and dogs and anything you bring. Contributions of any kind are food are encouraged, Side dishes, dessert, salads, whatever.

Also, we could use some extra tables/chairs for Saurday night. Just bring them to the tower on Friday or Saturday.

Thanks, and see ya soon!
miniacmike
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 19
Current Racecar: 2nd 84'Camaro,85'camaro,99 camaro
A family that crashes togather stays togather!

Post by miniacmike »

Hi, it is Donna not Mikey (the other Robinson tree lover).... I wanted to thank the workers for the quick response time and to all the drivers for the concern after the incident on Saturday afternoon. PHA is definitely a great family to have around you. See you all at Giants.
2nd 84 camaro,85 camaro, 99 Camaro, 04 vette
Trees taste good
Occasional novice instructor
Mike Robinson
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Donna, there are many Camaros, but there is only one of you. The important thing is you are okay!

Thanks to everyone who helped make this event so successful! I got some feedback from the City and the folks at the recycling center, and everyone was very happy with the way they were treated by all the drivers and crew members, and especially happy with the way we left the place. The comment was "you people left the place looking better than it did when you got here". That goes for the entire area. Pit road, the recycling center, Duryea Drive, the Pagoda overlook, and the tower parking lots.

Great job, everyone!

Check out the article in the Reading Eagle from Monday:
http://www.readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=486954