Fall Weatherly questions?

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

gmreider
Racer
PHA Permanent Number: 13
Current Racecar: SAAB 93 900S 86 900S

Fall Weatherly questions?

Post by gmreider »

Can I run weatherly only on Saturday and still qualify for an event sign off as a novice? Also since my car was teched for the first time at Duryea by Kurt , can I miss Friday night tech at Weatherly and get teched first thing Saturday morning and register then . I would like to run another event this year yet , but have another commitment on Sunday. I could possibly get up Friday nightif I must, but would have to sleep in the car , or go out and buy a motor home. LOL
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Re: Fall Weatherly questions?

Post by mrevilracing »

The rule for novices in the TTR states that all SAAB drivers must complete 6 events to satisfy the requirements. So........just kidding, I couldn't resist. :twisted:

You'll want to send a PM to either Matt Rowe or John Pitman for the correct answer.

See ya at Weatherly.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
FV95
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 95
Current Racecar: Vector FV, BMW R100R, 914-2.0

Post by FV95 »

Stand by....I have sent an email to Matt Rowe for a clarification. You are not being ignored. It is just that the research is being done by my alter ego/driver: Olden Slough.
Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

Post by Sue Salsburg »

But if you don't stay over at least one night, how can we give you your Novice Party Instruction? There may be a quiz on banana daquiris. Sue
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta
rallynutdon
Novice

Post by rallynutdon »

Interesting question. Think of it this way. Is there a rule that says a rookie must take every run that's made available to them? What would be the difference between taking only 1 or 2 runs each day, or taking all the runs (assuming 4 or more) on only one day? Food for thought. Inquiring minds want to know!
Rick Kase
Hall of Fame Member

Post by Rick Kase »

There is no requirement that anyone needs to make X number of runs. If you do not show up for any offered run that run is considered a DNS. The only rule is that to have an official run you must complete same (Trip the start and trip the finish line).
Successful completetion of the novice requirements is based on the actual runs and may take longer (more events) if you only take one run an event.
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Post by Matt Rowe »

As an official I can tell you a couple things.

First, the 3 event rule really isn't a really a rule, its a guideline which gives the Novice Instructor and Chief Steward some flexibility in determining if the novice has suitably demonstrated skill, car control and responsibility. In some cases people have been signed off in less than 3 events, for others that may have had an incident or issue they can take a little longer.

Secondly, the reason we require Novices to show up on Friday evening is to ensure they can take care of any registration, licensing or tech issues. It's one way we try to help ensure that novices can be focused on racing, that can be busy enough as it is. Of course, we try to be flexible and on occasion novices do show up early in the morning. Now given that you are trying to get credit towards your license with only half an event you'll want to be sure that getting there on Saturday morning doesn't distract you.
~Matt Rowe