Thanks to Daryl and Jack and the Danko crew

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Thanks to Daryl and Jack and the Danko crew

Post by Matt Rowe »

In our hurry to get Jen back for an early shift I didn't get to thank Daryl and Jack, fortunately this gives me a reason to make this a little more public. So I want to offer a huge thanks to Daryl and Jack Danko for putting on a great event. With the local crowd, the typical worker and equipment shortages and even the TV coverage Giant's is always a tough event for the organizers and officials. As someone that has put on a few events I can appreciate how much time and work goes into pulling together a hillclimb. Then throw in driving (and either setting FTD or a new record) and you can only imagine the juggling act. In spite of all of that, throughout the weekend if the officials needed anything from extra workers to a new shirt for Cannon (don't ask) to help in resolving an issue with the locals Jack, Daryl or someone from the Danko crew was there to help. They even managed to keep smiling throughout the weekend.

So I owe them a big thanks for all of the work they put in leading up to the weekend and especially for being there all weekend to help us handle anything that came up. Great job!
~Matt Rowe
Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

Re: Thanks to Daryl and Jack and the Danko crew

Post by Sue Salsburg »

And a great party. Good food, fun music - all we needed was 3 tons more A/C.
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta