Duryea

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

RallyKeith
Novice
Current Racecar: Isn't every car a race car????

Re: Duryea

Post by RallyKeith »

So... I don't quite know what to say other than thank you to everyone! As many of you may or may not know I was entered to run Duryea for my first time in years. I even registered and teched, in the pooring rain, friday night. But I guess god had a slightly different plan for me that weekend, and at 1am saturday morning I was driving my wife Tess to the hospital becuase she had gone into labor! She was 3 weeks early, and this was our first. Everyone kept telling us the first one's always late, well not for us. I thought there would be no problem running Duryea but I guess I was wrong. At 6:36am saturday our son was born. In honor of the events, of which the Duryea and Pagoda hillclimbs have been a part of my life in one way or another for at least 20 years, and the fact that I drove Tess up Duryea Drive to the Pagoda and looked out over the city on our very first date, we named him Declan Duryea Kennedy. I want to thank my brother Matt for the Idea of getting people to sign a poster for little Declan, and I want to thank everyone for signing it and all the well wishes. It's going to be so much fun celebrating his birthday each year AT the hill. Attached should be a photo of my father Don holding him in one of his many Duryea Hillclimb T-shirts.

Thanks again,
Keith Kennedy
Attachments
Declan Duryea Kennedy
Declan Duryea Kennedy
Mr2
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 911
Current Racecar: YELLOW-1991 TURBO MR2
and
WHITE-1993 TURBO MR2

Post by Mr2 »

What an awesome name! Kudo's to you both...congrats!
*His nickname may become "Pagoda".
Fabio D'Hillho Vlacci
#911 MR2 TURBO
http://www.HILLHO.com
http://www.eFABIO.com
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Congratulations Keith! This reminds me of Bill Lessig (Lotus Elan) who has run every Duryea since about 1969. Every one except the one he missed when his son was born!
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

On Thursday evening, BMR donated $1,000 to the Pagoda Pennies Flagpole Fund. The donation was made at the Foundation For The Reading Pagoda's official rollout reception held at the Pagoda.

$240 came from the Saturday night auction, the rest from shuttle bus donations and the car show.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this possible!
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Just got the report from our friends at Pagoda Skyline, Inc. They received a total of $1,685 in voluntary admission donations at Duryea this year. They are happy!
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Some "good ink" from yesterday's Reading Eagle:

Www.readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=416310