Duryea

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Rich Rock
Racer

Duryea

Post by Rich Rock »

Registration is now open. Register online at www.myautoevents.com or download an entry form to mail in at BMR's website: www.bmr-scca.org
There is a limit of 100 entries, and we've reached that limit the past couple years, so register early! Remember, BMR does not cash entry fee checks until after the event.
Rich Rock
Racer

Re: Duryea

Post by Rich Rock »

66 Pre-registered as of Tuesday evening.
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

The limit of 100 entries has been reached, and online registration is closed. If you want to get on the standby list contact Brook Green at Bgreen1526@yahoo.com

There are always cancellations, so your chances of getting in are very good, especially if you are one of the first few on standby. Last year we had, I think, 8 or 9 on the list and they all got in.
SteveTC
Novice

Post by SteveTC »

Rich, are the lower lots going to be available again for this event. That was pretty convenient, and nice of the city to provide parking there.
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

I have a call in to the guy who is in charge of the lower lots just to verify, but I expect we'll have access just as we had at Pagoda.

CJ's Tire is once again sponsoring the corner contest, where drivers vote for their favorite corner crew and the winners get gift cards.

Also, CJ's will be awarding gift cards to any driver who sets a new class record. $50 if you do it on tires you bought from CJ's or Treadzone, $25 if you bought your tires elsewhere
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Just got confirmation that we will have use of the lower lots, same as we had at Pagoda.
SteveTC
Novice

Post by SteveTC »

Rich Rock wrote:Just got confirmation that we will have use of the lower lots, same as we had at Pagoda.
Great! Thanks Rich. Is the construction done up top yet?
m1bes
Novice
Current Racecar: 178 blazer

Post by m1bes »

Rich that is glad too know for sure and do you have any idea when we could get in to the bottom pits ???? thanks Butch #178
RallyKeith
Novice
Current Racecar: Isn't every car a race car????

Post by RallyKeith »

How are things looking for the car show?
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Construction is not done up top. You guys should be able to get in to the lower lots on Thursday, but I'll update you later in the week once their schedule has been finalized.

Car show is looking better than last year. We're planning to have live music at the bandshell during the show on Sunday!

This Saturday is cleanup/ preliminary setup day. Meet at CJ's at 7:30 am or at the hill at 8:30. Everyone who helps is invited to the annual party at Bill Shields' place in Yellow House later that day.
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

For those planning to use the city lots near turn 2, you will have access to the upper lot beginning Wednesday late morning. The lower lot won't be available until Friday morning, 6:30am. I know you guys will make every effort to use the space as efficiently as possible.

We'll begin setup this Saturday. Meet at the hill at 8:30am rain or shine. Everyone who helps is invited to the party at Bill Shields' place later in the day.
m1bes
Novice

Post by m1bes »

Rich thanks for the info and i plan too be there on thursday night but i will be up on top until friday and then i will move down there thanks again Rich :P
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Sounds good, Butch! We'll be there around 8:30 Friday morning to finish setup. See ya then!
Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

Post by Sue Salsburg »

Any idea where to buy unleaded race gas in Reading? Sue
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta
Nelson
Hall of Fame Member

Post by Nelson »

Maple Grove has Sunoco 104GT unleaded listed. I don't know what hours that they sell fuel. They usually have a grudge night on Fridays.
Phone: 610-856-9200 email: maple@maplegroveraceway.com

Paplosky's Speed & Custom Shop may have some.
(610) 678-6916
4751 Penn Ave, Sinking Spring, PA 19608
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

This Friday morning we will be doing final setup and all help is welcome. We meet at CJ's in Birdsboro at 7:30 am and should get to the hill (turn 2) around 8:30am.

Remember, tech sheets are available online at http://www.bmr-scca.org You can save yourself some time if you print one and fill it in in advance.

Saturday night party at Egelman's Grove 6pm. Same place as last year. We'll be having a Chinese Auction, and the proceeds go to the Pagoda Pennies Flagpole fund. Same as last year. Please try to donate something for the auction.

Sunday will include a car show in the park with live music at the bandshell
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

A quick note to say THANK YOU to everyone who helped out! Duryea requires an incredible amount of work, and the event can't go well without the effort of A LOT of people. I'm kinda burned out right now, so I'll just say THANKS again!
m1bes
Novice

Post by m1bes »

Rich thank you for all the work you do there too make it a nice hill too run...Now I want too thank the workers that did a good job with me on my crash, it was the hardest hit I have ever had....So thank you all.....I also want too thank everyone for helpping but the car in the trailer and those that helped the wife..........So thank you all for the nice support and too all that asked how I was doing.We made it home and I do not have any stiff neck. :P

So thank you all for everything Butch & Jackie #178