2012 Chasing The Dragon II Hillclimb June 23-24

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

tedebayer
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 88
Current Racecar: Jedi Formula Hillclimber
CSP Miata - Elvira
IT7 Mazda RX7
BMW M Roadster - Daily Driver

2012 Chasing The Dragon II Hillclimb June 23-24

Post by tedebayer »

SCCA Central Carolinas Region is proud to present the 2012 Chasing the Dragon II Hillclimb in Robbinsville, NC

Registration is now open! http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frm ... t_id=13198

We would love to have you with us for this 2.3 mile course! Here's a video from our last year's Dragonslayer, (King of the Hill). This will give you a pretty good idea of what's in store for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 4-fx8acQAE

Thank you PHA for the hospitality you have shown our Southern Drivers over the last few years. It has been a pleasure to get to meet you and run with you. You have been very gracious hosts and very helpful in many ways. Please allow us the chance to do the same for you! If you request it, we are even willing to make you tea without sugar. (We call it brown water down heah' but we want you happy!) ; ) We have a LOT of fun and we promise you a great event!

All drivers are entered for a free set of Hoosiers and a free set of Toyos from Appalachian Tire, one of our sponsors. We have beautiful trophies and awards ceremony and we'd be pleased to have any of you BANDITS come try to take some of them back North. (That's a tradition JErry Kieft started and I'm sure he has many that can continue the tradition!) The city of Robbinsville, NC holds a downtown festival Friday night to welcome us during Tech and registration and holds a party and dinner Saturday night. They LOVE HILLCLIMBERS! If I can be of ANY assistance with lodging or directions... please let me know.

Thanks, Ted Theodore
SCCA CCR Board Member
Dragon Hillclimb Manager
V.P. at MY House
editor@thesoutherndriver.com
Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Re: 2012 Chasing The Dragon II Hillclimb June 23-24

Post by Mwilson »

Well Ted welcome to the Northern Boys Forum. It's always nice to hear from you.
tedebayer
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 88
Current Racecar: Jedi Formula Hillclimber
CSP Miata - Elvira
IT7 Mazda RX7
BMW M Roadster - Daily Driver

Post by tedebayer »

Great to hear from you Morg! George Bowland and I spent the day yesterday looking at a couple of new hillclimb sites in NC mountains. BEAUTIFUL weather, blue sky, lush forests, top down on the Z3 M Roadster, awesome curvy roads with REAL elevation ... we had a blast. I have loved every minute of every day I've spent looking for hillclimb sites with that "cranky yankee". :wink:

TJ and I are hoping to come to Polish Mtn. to see you, Dave Williams and the gang! We'll do our best to continue to bring some more drivers! You guys keep putting on great events, we'll keep coming up there! I'm hoping we can get some of you guys to come visit our Dragon as well. It was voted 2011 SCCA National Time Trial Event of the Year for good reason... 2.3 miles is a lot of road.
Mazdahead
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 03
Current Racecar: 1985 Mazda RX7 GSL-SE 13B,

Post by Mazdahead »

It would be great if we could stagger our events so we could take advantage of the southern events.
That particular weekend is Pagoda and it is also very popular.
I keep looking at running some of the southern events, but they are always weekends when we have an event too.
Maybe someday my brother and I will make the trek!
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

The PHA schedule for this year was pretty much set last November. Our schedule for next year is already tentatively set with Weatherly on June 8-9 and Pagoda June 22-23.