2012 Pagoda

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Nelson
Hall of Fame Member

2012 Pagoda

Post by Nelson »

The 2012 Pagoda Hillclimb entry form is now up on myautoevents.com and should be on here soon.

http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frm ... t_id=13169
Rich Rock
Racer

Re: 2012 Pagoda

Post by Rich Rock »

Just a reminder that if you pay by check. BMR does not cash your check until after the event. This policy applies to all three BMR events (Spring Jefferson, Pagoda, and Duryea). It doesn't matter how early you mail it in, it just sits until after the event.
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Another reminder about registration for Pagoda and Duryea. For these two events, the entry list that appears on MyAuto is not complete. It does not include entries that were mailed in. So, if you see 40 entries on Myauto, it is safe to assume that there are another 40 entries which have been mailed in.
Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Post by Mwilson »

I'm curious why the mail in's are not entered on my auto events. I know for a fact that Spring Jefferson is up to date on my auto events with both on line registrations and mail in's. I think it is nice to see who is registered for each event, and I wouldn't think it is that difficult if one has access to my auto events to type in the name, class and car number. It would take the guessing out of how many are pre- registered. Maybe I am missing something and it is indeed very difficult to enter the driver, class and car number on my auto events. I typed 10 names, 10 classes, and 10 numbers and it took me about 3 minutes. Just curious. I am sure there is a good reason why this is not done that I am just not aware of.
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Post by Matt Rowe »

Morg,

I can tell you that when I used to do Rose Valley I manually entered every mail in entry and it took a significant amount of time, roughly 5 minutes per entry. Now, a big part of that reason is I was putting in everything on the entry form. If all everyone wants to see is Name, Class and Number AND the software allows only that information it might not be unreasonable. Keep in mind though that each region works a little differently so some groups may be better able to accommodate this request than others.

All that being said, I do think it is a nice idea for the competitors to be able to see who is per-registered.
~Matt Rowe
Mwilson
Novice

Post by Mwilson »

Matt I do believe that the software does allow only the name, class and number to be put in.(My auto events). If I am not mistaken Nelson has done that exact thing with Jefferson. When a mail in comes in he simply puts in the name, class, and number on my auto events and the list is up to date. I see no reason to enter any other information. It is only my opinion but like you I like to see who will be attending the events.
Also the new registration forms that Nelson has developed for all of us to download makes mail in registering a breeze. Once again GREAT JOB NELSON!
Nelson
Hall of Fame Member

Post by Nelson »

I'm not sure what the minimum the software requires. I know that you can enter just name, class and car #. I usually enter those and email, car year, make and model. You really do not need the rest of the info because you already have it in hard copy. Also, if the event is linked to an organization (such as PHA) (which all of the events that I do are) you can do a search on the name or part of the name (ex: search "nel") and all entries that have "nel" in will be listed and you can pick the one you want and make any changes to class and car # required.. In the example, You will get "Bob Connell" and "Nelson Kase". I don't know how many years that this will go back, but my name comes up from 2005 & 2006.
sdwarf36
Novice
Current Racecar: mod-lite

Post by sdwarf36 »

Hi folks-long time no see! 8)
Is this going to be run from the bottom of the hill like last year-or where its started in years past?
WWW.HILLCLIMB.ORG

Our Safer barriers are the mossy side of the trees...
Mwilson
Novice

Post by Mwilson »

From now on it will be run from the same start line as Duryea. It ends further up the hill before the Pagoda. We stage the cars in the Pagoda parking lot for each group. Hope this explains and answers your question.