Weatherly

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

georgebowland
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 114
Current Racecar: Bowland Boys Racing Shark
Special I

Weatherly

Post by georgebowland »

I have a new bumper sticker for this Weatherly event the will be for sale at registration. 100% of the $10 price will go to the workers fund. Since there are only 45 of them, you better get in line early. Lets give our workers a good sendoff to the end of this season.
George Bowland
Tim Royer
Novice

Re: Weatherly

Post by Tim Royer »

I will buy 1. See you next Friday night!
Regards,

Tim Royer
cannon
Novice

Post by cannon »

Put me in for one 1 George. See you next Friday.

Cannon
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Post by Matt Rowe »

Unless I missed a description of the sticker you guys pre-ordering are awfully trusting of that craft guy from down south. For all I know they could say "Long live SEDIV - So long NEDIV" or something like that. :)

On another note for those of us way out of state, how is Weatherly doing with the rain? Hopefully the town and residents are okay. Of secondary importance is ensuring the road hasn't washed away.
~Matt Rowe
SteveTC
Novice

Post by SteveTC »

From Ray K, they had a workers day last weekend and the hill is in good shape. Had some washouts that were filled in. Still trying to get an engine together for this event, but with the flooding here, it is not looking very good. Only had 11 hours sleep since Wednesday. Areas north and south of Wilkes Barre levee system are literally destroyed.
Mary Anne Fieux
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 1251
Current Racecar: 1960 SAAB 93F

Post by Mary Anne Fieux »

Steve,
SteveTC wrote:but with the flooding here, it is not looking very good. Only had 11 hours sleep since Wednesday. Areas north and south of Wilkes Barre levee system are literally destroyed.
My heart goes out to you and your neighbors. We live in Schuylkill County where Pine Grove was hit the hardest. You folks up north and west (Bloomsburg, Muncy) got hit real hard. The local news, WBRE and WNEP, have covered the flooding to great extent. The film footage has been very tragic and very sad. Alot of folks have lost everything and have no flood insurance due to them living outside the 100 year flood zone.

I hope you get some sleep and the engine comes together for Weatherly! Chuck and I will be on a corner waiting for you!
Mary Anne Fieux
1960 SAAB 93F
camaroz1985
Novice
Current Racecar: 98 Subaru Impreza RS - SM

Post by camaroz1985 »

What does the sticker look like?
Ryan Hetrick
#308 SM
georgebowland
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 114
Current Racecar: Bowland Boys Racing Shark
Special I

Post by georgebowland »

Looks about 3" high and 10" wide and is Red White and Blue.
SteveTC
Novice

Post by SteveTC »

Mary Anne Fieux wrote:Steve,
SteveTC wrote:but with the flooding here, it is not looking very good. Only had 11 hours sleep since Wednesday. Areas north and south of Wilkes Barre levee system are literally destroyed.
My heart goes out to you and your neighbors. We live in Schuylkill County where Pine Grove was hit the hardest. You folks up north and west (Bloomsburg, Muncy) got hit real hard. The local news, WBRE and WNEP, have covered the flooding to great extent. The film footage has been very tragic and very sad. Alot of folks have lost everything and have no flood insurance due to them living outside the 100 year flood zone.

I hope you get some sleep and the engine comes together for Weatherly! Chuck and I will be on a corner waiting for you!
Mary Anne,

Guess I worded that wrong. I work with the emergency services in Luzerne County and we have been out with Fire and EMS the whole time. heading back out now again.
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Post by mrevilracing »

Nancy and I were on the hill yesterday. It's in race condition. Unfortunately, we were in the truck so no testing was had. Either way, see ya'll Friday for the parade.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!