Evilly Delicious!

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Mary Anne Fieux
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 1251
Current Racecar: 1960 SAAB 93F

Evilly Delicious!

Post by Mary Anne Fieux »

Stevil,
CONGRATULATIONS on beating Dan!!! :twisted: Now you know that I do love Dan as I do you, but damn, you did it!! Both of you hold my racing heart when you drive by a corner I'm working. You both are great drivers who push and drive it to the proverbial edge.

BTW, was this an evil first or have you beaten Dan before? With dial up, I wasn't up to scrolling records.
Mary Anne Fieux
1960 SAAB 93F
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Re: Evilly Delicious!

Post by mrevilracing »

Yes I did. However, Dan's tires were shot.

I had taken 2 sets of tires with us. We had the set of A6s(315s) and a set of BFG R1s(275s). The A6s went away quickly and that was probably due to my over-driving them...as usual. Hell, I was more interested in getting fastest car down the straight than anything....which I did. LOL!!!!

Since I knew Dan's tires were shot and he'd never driven on a set of R1s, I offered them to him to try out. But Dan is Dan and declined my offer. I know he would have beaten my time by close to a second, if not more. Yeah, you could say I'm crazy for offering something like that to someone you are trying to beat in your class. And maybe I am crazy. Oh, if they would have fit Mike's car, I would have let him try them too.

It was a crazy weekend. On my 2nd run on Saturday, I found the rear axle seal on the passenger side was leaking. I had resigned to leaving it til this week and just putting it in the shop for them to fool with. I had been messaging back and forth with Mark Aubele and he kept telling me to change it out. Keith Gerhart and Dan were the convincing nail in the fix coffin and convinced me to go get the seal and change it out. They both jumped in and got it straightened out and I was back up and running Sunday morning. I have to give them credit and thanks for the help they provided. Mark gets credit for suggesting I change it out. I HATE working on the car, other than tire changes, at the track.

I do have to add that while I was shooting for fastest time down the front straight, I had been braking later and later into 1. Nancy said she figured she was done driving and thought I was going into the woods in 1 in order to get that faster speed. Hahaha! I wound up with 113 down the straight and really wanted a 115. But I just didn't think there was enough real estate to get it done. Next year.......
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
Mary Anne Fieux
Novice

mrevilracing wrote:And maybe I am crazy.
Really???? We will leave it at that! lol!

Actually, when Chuck and I were road racing, as with hillclimbing, fixes to cars can occur throughout the night. That's called racing! It is another part of the sport that holds my heart and private areas...the perserverance of racers and their competitors to repair, fix, hack, hammer, and do whatever it takes to go on and race!!!
mrevilracing wrote:But Dan is Dan
Shame on Dan, but I respect it. Oh Dan....and Adrienne......!!!! Yee haw, those young'uns keep me young! Good drivers like that just make my old heart spin!
Mary Anne Fieux
1960 SAAB 93F
miniacmike
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 19
Current Racecar: 2nd 84'Camaro,85'camaro,99 camaro
A family that crashes togather stays togather!

Post by miniacmike »

mrevilracing wrote:Yes I did. However, Dan's tires were shot.

I had taken 2 sets of tires with us. We had the set of A6s(315s) and a set of BFG R1s(275s). The A6s went away quickly and that was probably due to my over-driving them...as usual. Hell, I was more interested in getting fastest car down the straight than anything....which I did. LOL!!!!

Since I knew Dan's tires were shot and he'd never driven on a set of R1s, I offered them to him to try out. But Dan is Dan and declined my offer. I know he would have beaten my time by close to a second, if not more. Yeah, you could say I'm crazy for offering something like that to someone you are trying to beat in your class. And maybe I am crazy. Oh, if they would have fit Mike's car, I would have let him try them too.

It was a crazy weekend. On my 2nd run on Saturday, I found the rear axle seal on the passenger side was leaking. I had resigned to leaving it til this week and just putting it in the shop for them to fool with. I had been messaging back and forth with Mark Aubele and he kept telling me to change it out. Keith Gerhart and Dan were the convincing nail in the fix coffin and convinced me to go get the seal and change it out. They both jumped in and got it straightened out and I was back up and running Sunday morning. I have to give them credit and thanks for the help they provided. Mark gets credit for suggesting I change it out. I HATE working on the car, other than tire changes, at the track.

I do have to add that while I was shooting for fastest time down the front straight, I had been braking later and later into 1. Nancy said she figured she was done driving and thought I was going into the woods in 1 in order to get that faster speed. Hahaha! I wound up with 113 down the straight and really wanted a 115. But I just didn't think there was enough real estate to get it done. Next year.......
Thats one of the things love about the people we race with. Even though we each personaly want to win the class, we will still offer help,parts, or what ever it takes to get someone running or to get them faster. Makes it more of a challenge. Who wants to be handed a win anyway. It's allways better when it's earned.
2nd 84 camaro,85 camaro, 99 Camaro, 04 vette
Trees taste good
Occasional novice instructor
Mike Robinson
Mary Anne Fieux
Novice

miniacmike wrote:Thats one of the things love about the people we race with. Even though we each personaly want to win the class, we will still offer help,parts, or what ever it takes to get someone running or to get them faster. Makes it more of a challenge. Who wants to be handed a win anyway. It's allways better when it's earned.
Amen. That's what I was trying to sputter out. Mike, you could not said it better!
Mary Anne Fieux
1960 SAAB 93F