Summit Point Raceway, rain or shine?

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

PitCrewLinda
Novice

Summit Point Raceway, rain or shine?

Post by PitCrewLinda »

After breaking camp at the Jefferson Circuit, several drivers and their crew members stopped by the big track at Summit to watch a few races. While they raced, I decided to do a cartoon-style drawing of the first race at Summit; noting as much information as I could in the period of the first race.

If you click on this link, it will take you to my blog posting of some of my observations. Those of you who are professional drivers may find my interpretations not to be so accurate; but I'm just an artist...I calls 'em how's I sees 'em.

If you care to comment on the blog, it will appear as an anonymous entry. If you do comment, it will help my Google search rating go higher and rise more to the top of the search engines. (Oh well, a little marketing on my own behalf never hurts, does it?)

Here's the link and thanks for taking a look and reading the blog posting.
http://lindayoungwatercolors.blogspot.c ... e-way.html
Mentioning three SCCA driver's names in the blog doesn't hurt either...Thor, John and Rich.

Linda
Linda Young,
for Casual Photography
FV#95 and FV#70

http://www.lindayoungwatercolors.com
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Re: Summit Point Raceway, rain or shine?

Post by dspgti »

Copy of my post on your blog:

Beautifull Linda, I'd be interested in a print. I realize it's art so I won't comment on all the cars being off the driving line and missing the apex. Dave Y
Last edited by dspgti on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
FV195
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 195
Current Racecar: 1996 Vector GB2 formula vee, red @195
1992 Brazos formula vee, yellow, #70

Post by FV195 »

Dave, linda just paints it as she sees it. they were off line, looking for dry spots on the track
PitCrewLinda
Novice

Post by PitCrewLinda »

Very funny Dave; I enjoyed your humor about the apex!

besides...one of the drivers thought he was in a dry spot and spun out at turn five.

I'll see what I can do about ordering a print for you. Thanks for commenting on my blog to those who have done it.

Linda
Linda Young,
for Casual Photography
FV#95 and FV#70

http://www.lindayoungwatercolors.com
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

FV195 wrote:Dave, linda just paints it as she sees it. they were off line, looking for dry spots on the track
The wet line is usually outside the dry line so maybe it is in fact accurate. Either way, it probably looks better the way it is shown for artistic effect. Very Cool any way you look at it.

Dave Y