Duryea stuff

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Rich Rock
Racer

Duryea stuff

Post by Rich Rock »

65 Entries as of noon Monday.
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Re: Duryea stuff

Post by dspgti »

Tuesday 8/9, 9:30PM.....only 28 starting positions left!!!!
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

This will be the 60th Duryea Hillclimb. The mayor of Reading is scheduled to wave the green flag to start competition on Saturday. William Bruderick, co-founder of the Duryea Hillclimb, has been invited as an honored guest. He's 95 years old and he has his good days and bad days. We're hoping he feels well enough to come.

It will be Sue and Dave's 25th wedding anniversary celebration. They actually got married at Duryea!

Lot's more info to come....

Rich Rock
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

CJ's Tire will be sponsoring a corner station contest again this year. Prizes will be awarded based on voting by drivers.

CJ's Tire and Treadzone will be awarding prizes for new class records. $25 gift card for a new record, $50 for a new record if you bought your tires from them.
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

99 Entries at 4pm Thursday
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

We have 100 entries and a couple people already on the stand-by list. There are usually a few cancellations, and I'm betting that there will be some breakage at the drags on Friday, so don't be discouraged if you're on standby. Last year everyone on standby got to run.

Questions regarding registration should directed to Brook Green
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Hunter
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 168

Post by Hunter »

Rich Rock wrote:We have 100 entries and a couple people already on the stand-by list. There are usually a few cancellations, and I'm betting that there will be some breakage at the drags on Friday, so don't be discouraged if you're on standby. Last year everyone on standby got to run.
I'm bringing extra parts. 8)
#168 SMF Honda Civic
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

The last thing I want to do is to discourage people from coming, however, long distance travelers like the Western PA and out of state folks should get some kind of confirmation before making the trip east if they aren't on the list. After all, we are over 100 and have a week to go before the event. If they are looking at My Auto Events, all the mail ins have not been updated yet.

If you can't race, get a ring side seat as a corner worker. You can learn alot by being close to the action.

With the exta people coming we will need more help. As far as the party,we will have plenty of food but are short on help to set up and serve. Anyone care to help out? Any responses should be sent to me, dspgti@aol.com, Pat, sumrblonde@aol.com, or Kate, out2buy@hotmail.com

Dave Y
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Online registration is closed. All registration and questions pertaining to registration go through Brook Green. Yes you can still register, you'll just be on the wait list (stand-by list)
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

George Bowland is not entered. Who will be FTD?
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Need some items for the Chinese auction at the party on Saturday night. Please help raise money for a good cause.

Also, the bleachers between turn 7 and 8 are available to prospective sponsors. $200 pays fior the bleachers and you can put as many signs, banners, etc advertising your business on and near them as you like.

Rich Rock
s4racing06
Novice

Post by s4racing06 »

Hey everyone, I am bringing the bus to camp at the top of the hill. I will have the smoker going, a chrcoal grill and an open fire grill. I always have to much food for the group planned, but if you are planning to come with a group just bring the food. Fish, steak, chicken, burgers, ribs, etc if you have the food I'll be more than happy to cook it. One thing I have never run out of is cold refreshments. I may even have some clear peach stuff that a friend of mine brings from the deep South.

Anyway feel free to stop by the Black and Yellow bus, by the finish, anytime over the weekend!

Bill III
s4racing06
Novice

Post by s4racing06 »

and by the way the "Yellow" car is on the dyno right now. :D :mrgreen: :o
jerdeitzel
Novice

Post by jerdeitzel »

s4racing06 wrote:and by the way the "Yellow" car is on the dyno right now. :D :mrgreen: :o
I'm expecting that we are going to have a serious AWD battle this coming weekend. ITE will become the playground of the AWD monsters. (and not just mine :shock: )

Stay tuned for this battle!
#88 SM
Mitsubishi evo 8
agrabau
Novice
Current Racecar: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution II

Post by agrabau »

Jer- I'm going to change my class to ITE when I get there on Friday. As you know I classed myself incorrectly before. Really looking forward to this weekend.

Alex
s4racing06
Novice

Post by s4racing06 »

JD I assume by your post that you are coming to the dark side. Lol Funny how Vince and I have been discussing this for the last month or so. WELCOME !!!! and let the games begin.
miniacmike
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 19
Current Racecar: 2nd 84'Camaro,85'camaro,99 camaro
A family that crashes togather stays togather!

Post by miniacmike »

Man this should be good! Also looking to see if I can put up a fight in SM this weekend. I didn't get to race at Polish so I'm real hungry :twisted:
2nd 84 camaro,85 camaro, 99 Camaro, 04 vette
Trees taste good
Occasional novice instructor
Mike Robinson
miniacmike
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 19
Current Racecar: 2nd 84'Camaro,85'camaro,99 camaro
A family that crashes togather stays togather!

Post by miniacmike »

Oh yea, glad to see the yellow monster is coming back!
2nd 84 camaro,85 camaro, 99 Camaro, 04 vette
Trees taste good
Occasional novice instructor
Mike Robinson
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »