Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

Sorry it has taken a little longer than usual for the points to get posted. Kate is really uinder a lot of pressure right now with our relocation and her work. She got it done very quickly but there were a few changes I wanted to make to realign the class points leaders that have changed from the last event. I think we still missed one (sorry to Historic 1) but I didn't want to hold it up any longer. It will be corrected on the next event.

Not too much to speak of in the class races but the Overall has a real battle going on. Who would have ever thought that in the top 10 there are would be 3 "Tin Tops" in with the Hillclimb Special a Formula car, 2 Sports Racers and a SOLO VEE? As a matter of fact, there are two sedan cars, one in second place (way to go Dan Reed) in the top 5. Morg has a strong hold on third with constantly improving positions as he learns the ins and outs of his new ride.

Nobody sneeze because it might make a big difference in the out come.

Your Points Keeper (in title only)
Dave Y
dspgti
Novice
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Re: Points

Post by dspgti »

The points update is done and should be posted shortly. It didn't take anywhere near as long this time. We are trying to get everything out of the way before the move (which changed to Saturday).

The class leaders are starting to take shape: CSP is virtually a 3 way tie, FSP could flip either way if Dave M is up for the challenge, SSC has used up one it's drops and staying real close, FC is closer than it looks and will come to drops, SMod is having their own competition going on and one hickup out of the top 3 could change the whole picture. Morg is having his own way in S2 but any mechanical down fall could cost him both in class and Overall. John Pitman has a lock on FV for now as well as Mr. Consistant, Tim Murphy in FP.

Overall continues to be a real race to the end. Morg shaved a couple points from the second place lead but needs to beat Dan Reed if he intends to move up.

Good Luck All, be safe, have fun.
Dave Y
Hunter
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 168

Post by Hunter »

Wow how did I finish 87th at Polish Mountain in the overall points. There wasn't even 87 drivers. I must have been really slow. :roll: I think Dave is out to get me. :shock:
#168 SMF Honda Civic
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

Sorry, along with ADHD I also have mild dyslexia. The two entries were reversed.

Anyone else see a mistake?

Dave Y
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

Since it will take a few days to correct the Points posting, I'll give a written update.

There are only 3 events left. A few classes have sort of a lock on the Championship but several others could go different ways.

In the overall there has been a shake up. Since Morg was a DNS, he has fallen from grace. Hunter Huffman moves into 3rd place with a corrected 425 points. That makes two of the top three positions "Tin Tops". This one will be interesting to the end.

Will see everyone at Duryea,
Dave Y.
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

Once again I have to appologize for mistakes on the points. There was a mistake after the Giants event for the S 2 class. Bob Oz Sr finish was posted in another class. It will be updated soon. I believe those in question are aware of the changes so it shouldn't effect anyone else.

Please don't hestitate to point out any corrections when you see them. This is a tedious job with a lot of entries, new drivers and new classes. You won't frustrate us pointing out a few mistakes now and then. It takes seconds to correct, just a little longer till it passes thru several hands to get put on the web site.

Hope to put some faces (and cars) to the new drivers that we have been posting.

See you at Duryea (if you got your registration in on time)
Dave Y
FV95
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 95
Current Racecar: Vector FV, BMW R100R, 914-2.0

Post by FV95 »

Dave, You missed Keith Bower's 4 place at Polish so he is 7 points short. He made the first run, and then noticed a crack in his intake manifold and the raw fuel dribbling onto his engine...wisely he parked it for the rest of the event. But he did finish a run. And, I recognize the PITA this can be, so please accept my thanks for taking on the points project. John PItman
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

Yup, I see missed that one too. It looks like it won't change things in the short run so if it is okay with everyone in that class, we will make it right after Duryea. Okay?

Dave Y
FV95
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 95
Current Racecar: Vector FV, BMW R100R, 914-2.0

Post by FV95 »

Sounds good.