Pagoda Hillclimb

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Rich Rock
Racer

Pagoda Hillclimb

Post by Rich Rock »

We'll be doing cleanup and preliminary setup at the hill this Saturday. Meet behind CJ's (Birdsboro) at 7:30am or at the hill (Turn 2) 8:30. Bring work gloves, and any kind of landscaping tools you can, if you can. Chainsaw, weedwacker, hedgetrimmer, rakes, shovels, etc. Pickup trucks at CJ's are especially needed.

Thanks!

Rich Rock
Rich Rock
Racer

Re: Pagoda Hillclimb

Post by Rich Rock »

I'm thinking it might be fun to have something to look at besides each other at the party on Saturday night. Can we come up with a way to show videos or pictures from earlier in the day? We'll have plenty of AC power. What we need is a big? screen and all the equipment. Any volunteers?

Rich Rock
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Thanks to everyone who came out and helped on Saturday. We made excellent progress, and the hill is looking much better now! Final setup is Friday June 24. Hope to see you there!

Rich Rock
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

82 Entries as of 7pm Monday
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

neonracer193
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 193
Current Racecar: 95 Neon ACR

Post by neonracer193 »

Waahoo what a good time!! BMR put on a great event, thanks to everybody!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y7P9CpNCUg

I think it was Dale who asked for a copy of this video, you can take it off Youtube, or if you want a higher resolution video (looks a lot better) i can mail you a hard copy. My email is bimmerbumm@msn.com.
Nelson
Hall of Fame Member

Post by Nelson »

The results are in Dale's hands and should be on the website soon. They are also on myautoevents.com.
A couple of people asked me what the difference in times were between the old course
and the new. In 2010 the average of all fastest times was 64.544 with an FTD of 53.983. In 2011
average of the all fastest times was 93.686 with an FTD of 73.374.

Also, if anyone knows the email addresses of the following, please send them to me:
Ted Klaus Jr
Adolf Battifarano
Ray Kochin
Pete Stillwell
Alex Kihurani
Pete McCarthy
Paul Van Bemmelen
Dan Ahn
William Norton

See you at the Giant,
Nelson
mckee

Post by mckee »

Rich Rock,

Pagoda was well worth the nine hour tow on Friday -- Thanks! Super hill climb.

Bob D'Amore
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Post by mrevilracing »

Thanks for letting us stare in awe at that car of yours, Bob. I think I could sit there and watch you, George and Merlin run all day. Amazing machines for sure.

It really is cool to sit there and watch all the cars come up the hill.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

Nelson wrote:people asked me what the difference in times were between the old course
and the new. In 2010 the average of all fastest times was 64.544 with an FTD of 53.983. In 2011
average of the all fastest times was 93.686 with an FTD of 73.374.
Nelson

Interesting numbers! So the FTD challengers ran a 135.9% increase of the old course times while the new overall averages where at a 145.2% increase. Want to know where you stand? Divide your new time by the old record. Are you "below" 145.2%? good job! "Below" 135.9%? Great job!

Anyway, the points will be out in a few days. Kate is really busy so I can't bug her to get it done.

Dave Y

PS. I changed the term "Above" which I meant as faster, to "below" meaning less of an increase which should mean faster.
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Thanks to everyone who helped make the event a success! From setup thru teardown your efforts are greatly appreciated.

The performance of the wireless timing system exceeded expectations. Aside from one false stop, which Nelson attributed to debris, it worked consistently and flawlessly. Thanks to everyone who helped with setup and teardown of that system and a special thanks to Grace and Keith, who put in many hours of planning and testing before the season even started.

We also had great success testing a wireless PA system that will enable us to broadcast from the start line to anywhere on the hill, even to the Duryea Finish line at the tower! We now know exactly what equipment we need and we plan to buy it in time for Duryea. And we're going to try to improve what we already do in the pit area.

There were a few other things we did differently, some worked better than others. We'll tweak those for Duryea.

Thanks again everyone.

Rich Rock
mckee

Post by mckee »

Steve Lewis,

You might be in awe of my car -- but I'm in awe of your times. Nice driving.

Brgds,
Bob D
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

http://Www.motoiq.com

click on "features"