Driver School, PDX, Test and Tune.

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Driver School, PDX, Test and Tune.

Post by dspgti »

This is not a PHA Event. But for those of you that are looking at getting an early start to the 2011 season, there is a PDX at New Jersey Motorsports Park in Millville, NJ on the weekend of March 26, 27. Great time for a test and tune.

If you are not ready to come out and run, the South Jersey Region is always looking for instructors, corner workers, tech inspectors and evrything in between.

Speaking of corner workers. There will be a classroom training session on Friday night followed by working the driver school and PDX stations for the weekend. This will give you credit for Flagger credentials and membership credit for the weekend.

Need any more information, you can go to their web site sjr-scca.org or contact me, dspgti@aol.com or just register under DLB racing.
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Re: Driver School, PDX, Test and Tune.

Post by mrevilracing »

Dave, can you verify whether NJMP requires a full faced helmet or not? Thanks....
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
dspgti
Novice
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

I read something but I didn't pay attention. I have requested a ruling from NJMP and SJR for the PDX and the School. I'll post it as soon as I can.

Dave Y
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

Here is what I know.

Hi Dave,

Meg is having computer issues and asked me to reply. The basis for the full face helmet requirement is in Chapter 62 (copy attached).

Section 13:62-3.6(a) on page 12 of the attachment says that all road race and driver training/PDX events require full face helmets.

With luck we may have a work around on this one as JD, Terry, Joe V. and I are meeting with the State Police today to discuss a waiver, at a minimum for the PDX.

Needless to say we would like a waiver as there will be a lot of people who don’t want to buy a new helmet just for the PDX. On top of that, all but one of our loaner helmets is open face.

Brian

If you want the actual ruling, send me an email. I could not attach it to this forum.

Dave Y
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

I thought it would be best to make a posting covering the NJ helmet laws under the general subjects.

Dave Y