2011 Devil In The Dark 12 hr Enduro

Learn about the history of PHA

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

2011 Devil In The Dark 12 hr Enduro

Post by dspgti »

Just thought I'd post information about other events here. It's kind of Historical.

A team of drivers led by Brandon Lewis, a sometimes PHA entrant, and three other drivers took 1st place in class ITB in the Second Annual Devil In the Dark 12 hour Enduro at New Jersey Motorsports Park, last weekend. This was the teams first attempt at an endurance race and had very few glitches to deal with. None of the drivers which also included Ed Werry, Rob Foley and Kurt Kenistes ever drove the track before. In fact Ed Werry had just gotten his Novice permit and it was his first SCCA race.

Yeager Racing Radios provided two way radios and Dave Yeager aslo supported the effort as Crew Cheif and DTR.
mckee

Re: 2011 Devil In The Dark 12 hr Enduro

Post by mckee »

Congratulations! I was also there with an SM Miata. We did not do as well, although we got as high as 10th overall and 2nd in class. We set a new record for visits by the marshalls (13 violations from 1 driver who racked them up in 3 hrs -- that's one every 14 min). Mercifully the engine blew at the 8 hr mark and ended the agony.

Bob D
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Re: 2011 Devil In The Dark 12 hr Enduro

Post by dspgti »

Damn Bob, I didn't know you were there. Kate was working registration. She must have missed you.

I guess your driver thought he was in a regular SM (Smash Miata) race. I saw more black donuts on the side of Miata's than at a Dunkin Donuts. No wonder they give them their own class. One thing that amazed me was the last 15 to 20 minute or so, most teams settled in to "this is where I'm going to finish". Even at the checked flag the Miata's were dueling to the very end.

Great event wasn't it? I just won't let the officials know that I know you.

Dave Y