Meyer Special - Giants' Despair 1960-62 - Attn Ron Mann

Learn about the history of PHA

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

dswig
Novice

Meyer Special - Giants' Despair 1960-62 - Attn Ron Mann

Post by dswig »

Attn: Ron Mann -

I am looking for period photos of the Sadler Meyer Special, the car driven to victory (and 3 consecutive course records) at Giants Despair by John Van Meyer in 1960, 1961, and 1962. I noticed that you had posted photos of prior Giants Despair winners in an old thread, including several of the Meyer Special, but the photo links appeared to be no longer active.

My company, Bonhams, will be offering the car at auction this August in Monterey. My goal is to obtain period shots of the car in competition for publication in our auction catalog. I am looking for hi-resolution scans of at least 1+MB if possible, along with publication rights for those images. Any help you (or anyone else!) can provide in this regard would be very much appreciated.

I also believe that John Van Meyer drove this car at Mt. Equinox and possibly other hillclimbs around this period, but I have yet to confirm any other results. If you can provide any info/results regarding other events the Meyer Special competed it, that would be most helpful as well.

Feel free to post here or email me off-line at david.swig@bonhams.com

Kind Regards,

David
Ron Mann
Hall of Fame Member
Current Racecar: 1965 VW Notchback
1972 Subaru GL "The Superoo"
1987 Viper SR-1 "A" Sports Racer

Re: Meyer Special - Giants' Despair 1960-62 - Attn Ron Mann

Post by Ron Mann »

I'm on it!
Ron Mann PHA Historian & Archivist... Know Your Roots!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag ... 0635511799