Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Ron Mann
Hall of Fame Member
Current Racecar: 1965 VW Notchback
1972 Subaru GL "The Superoo"
1987 Viper SR-1 "A" Sports Racer

RIP Ray Heisey...

Post by Ron Mann »

Not the kind of news I like to spread…but we lost yet another great hill climber yesterday. Ray Heisey of Hershey passed away. Ray ranks right up there with some of the greatest drivers in PHA history. His hill climb career spanned from 1961 to 1972. He captured multiple class victories in Compact, F Production, G Production and D Production. He was overall G production champion in 1967 (Triumph Spitfire) and overall D production (Datsun SPL 311) in 1972. Other than hill climbing…Ray excelled at dirt and asphalt circle track racing.
Ray was the first person I sat down to interview when I started researching PHA. We continued to hang out and watch hill climb videos and he accompanied/help me when I traveled to Fleetwood to do a presentation on the Fleetwood Hill Climb. He was a top notch guy!

Raymond K. "Ray" Heisey, Sr., 79, of Hershey passed away Monday, November 23, 2009 in his home surrounded by his loving family.
He was born October 11, 1930 in Hershey, a son of the late Raymond B. and Miriam (Krady) Heisey.
Mr. Heisey was a graduate of Hershey High School; an army veteran of the Korean War; former owner of the former Heisey's Texaco Station in Hershey and former owner of Autosport Volvo of Camp Hill; and retired as a truck driver for F L S in Harrisburg. He was an avid race car driver and a member of the Appalachian Sports Car Club; the Hershey American Legion; and a life-time member of the Hershey V F W.
Surviving are his wife, Lucy M. (Simonetti) Heisey; 2 sons Raymond K. Heisey, Jr and his wife Rachael of Overland Park, KS and Brian S. Heisey of Elizabethtown; a daughter, Susan L. Miller of Campbelltown; a brother, Elwood Heisey of Hummelstown; a sister, Connie Stauffer of Lancaster; 3 grandchildren; 1 great grandson; and a number of Nieces and nephews.
Services will be held Wednesday, November 25, 2009 in the Hoover Funeral Home & Crematory, Inc. Route #422 and Lucy Avenue, Hershey.
A visitation will be held 1 hour prior to the service.
Interment will be in the Grand View Memorial Park, Annville.
In lieu of flowers, the family prefers memorial contributions be made to the American Cancer Society, P O Box 897, Hershey, PA 17033.
Attachments
heisey 005crop.jpg
Ron Mann PHA Historian & Archivist... Know Your Roots!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag ... 0635511799
beachfv14
Novice

Re: RIP Ray Heisey...

Post by beachfv14 »

The time of Rays' services are: 11/25/09...Wed. Am,,, Visitation,, 10.00 am....
Services....
11.00 am see previous listing for location.
Tom H