A place to post links to your hillclimbing videos and Pictures

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead

mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Duryea

Post by mrevilracing »

Well, that certainly didn't go as planned!!!
But I just downloaded run #1. It was the only run I had vid from. i couldn't reach the camera once I was buckled in for run #2. The vid shows something really interesting at my turn in for turn 10, where I crashed. There's a pretty good dip/bump/whatever, that I'm now conviced, induced the push that crashed me. Yes, I was entering fast. But I'm certain that if I had not hit it, I was not going to crash. So, you can watch the vid and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. Comment AFTER you watch it.......
Keep in mind, this is run #1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDQ9Yya ... e=youtu.be

I'll still claim driver error for coming in hot but there was some help with the error.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
gmreider
Racer
PHA Permanent Number: 13
Current Racecar: SAAB 93 900S 86 900S

Re: Duryea

Post by gmreider »

Certainly bumpy where you were. It looks like the camera was knocked loose and then pointed down. Black hole ?? I'm loading my video and will see how much I bump around @10.
RallyKeith
Novice
Current Racecar: Isn't every car a race car????

Post by RallyKeith »

First off, glad you're ok. Secondly I see what you mean and I went through my videos to see what we experienced. It was a conversation for me all weekend how we have rally suspension which soaks up so much that we have no issues with stability where most others do. Between 5a and 5b the car is no effort to keep on line.

Anyhow, at about the 1:46 mark of this video there is clearly a bump up as you enter 10:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuM1i3v ... e=youtu.be
If it is enough that you see it that drastically in this video I'm sure it throws your car pretty good.

Keith
McDallion
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 43

Post by McDallion »

There was always a hole in the brake zone for Pagoda. We shifted the line to the right to miss it. I thought the last repaving had filled it in.
Don
Mark Aubele
Novice

Post by Mark Aubele »

Yeah, I stay a bit more to the right entering Pagoda as well. I was having some issues from 5-6, car was all over the bumpstops, but it was manageable. What really was upsetting the car was from the airplane field to the finish. Took everything I had to keep my foot on the floor, car was really bottoming hard in the rear. Never had much of an issue in other cars, but I guess 3800 pounds is hard to keep off the bumpstops through there at 135+. :lol:
'97 BMW M3 #53 SMX
Heavy85
Novice
Current Racecar: 240Z

Post by Heavy85 »

Here's my best run of the weekend. Intense I think is about the best way to describe the hill. Car has more in it but have to take chances and push the limit to get there. As you can see still wussing through 6 and 11 and turning in too early for the switchbacks but overall thrilled with the time I did get. Worth every minute of the 1580 mile round trip drive. This event and all the people involved exceeded my expectations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLJdmkgGZkA

PS: sorry but stupid youtube makes the poor quality vintage gopro images that much worse