Thank you Duryea Workers!

A place for our voluteers to exchange ideas, offer suggestions or just trade stories.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead

SteveTC
Novice

Thank you Duryea Workers!

Post by SteveTC »

To the folks at turns 6, 7, 8 and our safety response team, Thank you. The response to my incident was handled as good as anyone could have expected considering the fuel load and the situation. My safety came 1st without any doubt. Once I was safely away from the car and had a brief check to assess fire damage on me, the workers then tackled the fire at the car. Help was summoned as quickly as needed and things were handled accordingly. Pictures and in-car video will follow. My notes on this are that I am thankful that I have practiced getting out of the car quickly on many occasions and had the wherewithal to kill ignition and fuel switch as I was exiting. I had a sturdy fire wall between myself and the fire, but a 1-1/4" x 3" opening for my cables still spewed way too much fire. I did not have an on-board fire system, but I will upon rebuild. With the fuel load, I doubt it would have done too much, but it would have helped in the driver compartment. I am glad I have a 5-layer 1 piece suit as I did not have even a singed hair on my body. I am surprised a Kodak HD video camera still films inside of an rather intense inferno. Enough. Thanks workers and everyone who lent support included city fire truck responders and EMS personnel.