Can anyone be a worker??

A place for our voluteers to exchange ideas, offer suggestions or just trade stories.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead

NJ 03Mach1
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 281
Current Racecar: Looking!

Can anyone be a worker??

Post by NJ 03Mach1 »

As it says...

My fiancee was asking me if she would be allowed to work an event if I compete next year. What does she need to do, in order to try it out? Does
she have to join anything, or is it more of a "hi , I wanna be a worker" type thing?
Currently looking for a Legends or Dwarf car.
Adam Sampson
PHA #281
Joe Foering
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 37
Current Racecar: '85 Dodge Charger 2+2

Can anyone be a worker

Post by Joe Foering »

Workers are always welcome-and needed! She can join SCCA and/or show up and volunteer at the event. Or...when the registration forms come out for each event she can contact the event chair or their designee and advise them that she is available to work. There is "on the job" training provided, i.e. she will always work with an experienced worker.
m1bes
Novice
Current Racecar: 178 blazer

Re: Can anyone be a worker??

Post by m1bes »

Anyone can work I came for my first time in PA and was sitting and I ended up working and ever since when My husband and I come to race I always work where ever they need and I come from NH to race and work the hill.
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

Do you have any sisters that think like you that may want to get married? (not me, I'm spoken for) There might be some other guys out there looking :fish Anyway, she "must have own race car and trailer. Send pictures of race car and trailer to _________".

Just kidding, thanks for the help!
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Post by mrevilracing »

My wife has course worked for a few races this year. She gets to see a lot more than just sitting in the pits. Not to mention she says the other course workers are really great people. Plus, she can keep an eye on me and know all is fine if I go by her.

Morgan, I'll try to keep her away from the assistant role at Duryea so you can come back if you fix everything and have a smooth run. There must be a voodoo car around somewhere she's sticking needles into. I'll try and find it and let you know.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
dspgti
Novice
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

bump
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

South Jersey region is looking to expand their Flagging and Communications group. They will need lots of help in the coming season. Getting F&C License with SCCA has a lot of benifits. One will be be being compensated for working the big Professional Races at NJMP plus free admission to many interesting races planned for the track. Besides the NASCAR ARCA Series and the Rolex Grand AM Series, there are also several Vintage events like SVRA and VSCCA that look for flaggers and give you the best seat in the house. PHA region members also run at Pocono, Beaver Run, Watkins Glen, Summit Point and Lime Rock. All are just a few hours drive from our area.

I know PHA has a few Licensed F&C but I'd like to know what we could do to encourage more. It would benifit the PHA if we had more qualified and trained people.

Dave Y
John
Novice

Post by John »

who is the F & C Chief for BMR?
Working a Corner Near You
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

Good question John. Would you please post that on the BMR site?

Dave Y
John
Novice

Post by John »

Done Dave
now lets see whats comes of it
John
Novice

Post by John »

A Flagger School will be held at Lime Rock Park on March 28 & 29. Info will be posted on the NESCCA Site in the near future
John
Novice

Post by John »

anyone interested in flagging the Grand Am Series Pro Event @ NJMP?
FV95
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 95
Current Racecar: Vector FV, BMW R100R, 914-2.0

Post by FV95 »

Can't instantly lay my hands on SPORT CAR. What are the dates of that race at NJMP?
John
Novice

Post by John »

MAY 1-2-3
John
Novice

Post by John »

Info for the F&C School @ Lime Rock Park is now posted on the NESCCA site for anyone interested.
My wife and I will be attending it.
John & Mary
John
Novice

Post by John »

The Jersey Racing Board

Presents

The March Lion Driving School

New Jersey Motorsports Park

Lightning Course

Saturday, 21 and Sunday, 22 March 2009
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

South Jesey is also holding a Flaggers School that weekend. There will be classroom training on Friday night March 20 and on the job training during the school and PDX on Saturday and driver school and TT on Sunday.

All Region SCCA members are welcome and encouraged.

Some information is now available on the South Jersey Web site and DLB racing web site, or contact me and I'll pass your request on to the proper individual.

Dave Y
John
Novice

Post by John »

My wife and I will be working corner @ the upcoming Time Trail Event @ New Jersey Motor Sports Park and hope to see lots of our PHA Friends and Drivers there.
We worked a race weekend there last October on the Lightning Track and it is an AWESOME course as Dave can attest too. :D

See You @ the Track
John & Mary
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

Glad to see you and your wife are coming, John. They could probably use you during the school if you want to get in some log time. See you there.

Dave Y
John
Novice

Post by John »

The South Jersey and Northern New Jersey Regions of the SCCA working together as the Jersey Racing Board are pleased to announce that the Driver's School on March 21-22, 2009 is on track to be a great opportunity for Novice racers looking to get their competition racing licenses.

As of today, those holding a Regional Competition license are invited to attend the school as well. A great way to improve your skills and gain confidence in your abilities on track.

The PDX on March 21st is available to those with a desire to get their street car on the track for some closely supervised track time in a well supervised and safe structured event. In addition to street legal cars, the PDX is available to those holding competition licenses and driving GCR legal cars in the Showroom Stock and Improved Touring categories.

The Level 2 Time Trials will run a unique format on Sunday March 22nd and is geared towards those of advanced skills. With practice sessions during the day and then pitting themselves against the clock in a 3 lap format, this should prove to be a unique and fun format.

Please visit www.NJRRS.com for info and answers.

If you'd like to volunteer as an official or you have a license and would like to pass on your knowledge as an instructor please make your intentions known to jrb@njrrs.com .

Drivers School - Want to go racing? Here is how!
www.NJRRS.com - March Lion
www.DLBRacing.com

The March Lion Driving School
New Jersey Motorsports Park - Lightning Course
Saturday, 21 and Sunday, 22 March 2009
Entry fee $425
Novice and regional drivers are eligible
Instructors wanted, come share your experience.
The March Lion Trials
New Jersey Motorsports Park - Lightning Course
Performance Driving eXperience PDX (level 1) - Saturday, 21 March 2009
PDX Entry Fee $200
Club Trial (level 2) - Sunday, 22 March 2009
Club Trial Entry Fee $125
Instructors wanted, come share your experience.
Contact JRB@njrrs.com for additional Information. Visit www.NJRRS.com