Seat mounting question

Hey, do you have a problem with something on your vehicle? Post the problem here someone may just have the answer for you.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead

Kgrazor
Novice

Seat mounting question

Post by Kgrazor »

I have read through the GCR and the supps on seat mounting and seat type but still don't have an answer to my question. Can I mount my racing seat to the factory seat adjusting rails? I have also read that it is highly recommended to have a bar mounted between the seatback and the roll cage. I don't read "highly recommended" as "must be", is this correct? At the moment I need the seat back to get into and out the car but need it moved up to drive (I'm kinda short if you all hadn't noticed).

In time I want to get a new seat and a quick disconnect wheel to solve these problems, however it isn't going to happen before Jefferson.

Thanks to any and all for opinions/comments.

Ken Gillette
15 Toyota MR2
SPU
miniacmike
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 19
Current Racecar: 2nd 84'Camaro,85'camaro,99 camaro
A family that crashes togather stays togather!

Re: Seat mounting question

Post by miniacmike »

Hi Ken.
Yes you can mount it to your factory tracks.
As for the brace......Ive always been told, if it is a FIA legal seat then no brace is required. Non FIA, recommended and if it is a two piece seat (adjustable back) then it is required. Give me a bit and I'll work on getting some more clarification for you.
2nd 84 camaro,85 camaro, 99 Camaro, 04 vette
Trees taste good
Occasional novice instructor
Mike Robinson