Dyno visit

Hey, do you have a problem with something on your vehicle? Post the problem here someone may just have the answer for you.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead

mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Dyno visit

Post by mrevilracing »

I had a dyno session scheduled for Tuesday for a check of a few things. At Summit on Saturday, I looked at my wideband and saw 12.2 AFR. Yeah, I know not to look at gauges but I was on the straight so I had a little time!
Anyway, 12.2 was too high. I added some race fuel to boost the octane and put us in a safer zone to run with all that heat. It was stressful running at that AFR but I couldn't just quit :)

So Tuesday, I hit the dyno and it confirmed what I saw at Summit. It was a simple fix of adding 3psi fuel pressure and that dropped it to 11.8AFR and now we're all good.
These readings are done on a Mustang Dyno at factory settings. Most dyno comparisons are read off a DynoJet and to be accurate, you add approximately 12% to the Mustang Dyno readings and that puts you in line with other readings. But you're welcome to compare any way you wish. I wanted to get a real number, in print, to verify my statements of hp. These numbers will obviously drop as it gets hotter. IATs were crazy low at 80deg.
Will these numbers be the same on race day? Nope. It'll be hotter so timing will be pulled and the blower will be hot. But it's just a baseline and the car is making good power at 534hp/473tq MD(598hp/529tq DJ).

All I need to do is improve my driving. :twisted:

So there ya have it. On with the rest of the season..........

RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!